To start this post off I thought I would talk about a little problem I had with the legs. The cast I had produced for her leggings was too stiff to allow any movement so in the end we had to scrap the silicone and think of an alternative.
What we ended up doing was utilising an old pair of black Bratz doll trousers (which we happen to find in the model making room) and modify these so that they would fit Bloody Marys legs.
Below is the padding we produced to thicken the armature so that when the trousers were slipped on, the legs would look nice and thick.
Once the legs were padded out, we had to remove the heels to be able to slip on the trousers. They fit just snug on the legs so that was a major relief.
The little piece of grey fabric shown in the images above and below here was what we used to make the facade that Mary is wearing a corset. under her coat.
We used a fairly thick fabric so that it resembled a corset much more before having it sewn around her waist line. This in turn helped to hide the padding that we had applied to the waist and lower body for Mary.
So here is Mary with her legs completely assembled. along with her corset as well. The upper part of the puppet was covered with two sheets of white silk fabric in order to replicate a blouse like top for her to wear under her dress.
Since the coat she will be wearing covers most of her body there was no need to make fully stitched clothes underneath. We only made clothes that covered parts of her that the coat wouldn't.
Well thats all for now. Next time we'll be looking at finishing off the upper half of Bloody Mary. STAY TUNED!!!